Gallery: Memory Bear

Memory Bear by Claire Sears

Finally got around to making up a Memory Bear, using the uniform from my daughter’s old primary school. I had the idea to do this since she was in Year 6, last year, but it took me some time to find the right pattern. I was in the process of trying to work out a pattern when I came across the designs by Sew Lovely Keepsakes on Etsy.

So, instead I opted to buy the gift pack pattern so that I could concentrate on making the bear.

The memory bears, and other memory items are available on commission. Please do contact me if you would like to find out more and place an order.

It was a really enjoyable project.


Workshop: Amigurumi

Amigurumi Cat by Claire Sears

I am in the process of making up patterns for some amigurumi plushies. The first had to be a cat! (My daughter’s favourite).

The idea is to have the basic body pattern, adding various features and choice of colours to create the different animals.

Experiment Notes:
  • This one is knitted in DK held double on 3.75mm needles.
  • Ears, tail are just single strand of DK.
  • Fairly happy with the prototype, however, I might try doing again working flat. I worked in the round for this, but the jog in the stripes showed up (even with slipping the stitch).

Finished Work: Beating Heart Tee

BeatingHeartTee-ClaireSears


One of my favourite knits, so far this year, has been the Beating Heart Tee by Megan-Anne Llama.

Details:
Yarn – Indy dyed yarn by LittleMouseHouse UK. Was a fade set called Clara that I bought with an Etsy voucher I got from my daughter for my birthday at Xmas. It was on sale, so saved about £30! Well pleased with myself.

I loved doing this. Wasn’t what I was going to use the yarn for but it came up on Ravelry just after I’d ordered the yarn and I couldn’t resist

The yarn was normal sock weight, but I went the next size up in needles and it seemed to work – in fact it’s come up perfectly for what I wanted!

Yarn colour fade section – As I had three different colours of yarn I decided to merge the red and pink. I had intended to do a fade shawl before I spotted this, so I thought that’s what I’d do here. I’m really pleased with how it came out.
I also added a faux sleeve layer as I had some of the pink left over. To me I think it balances out with the fade section. Plus gives me 3/4 sleeves with a little quirk!